Monday, December 18, 2006

Trip to IKEA for cat tent

No I am not this fat. The camera adds pounds don't you know?

I went to IKEA Tampines to see if I can get the cat tent. There were so many children running around you'd think IKEA was a big playground. I bought some new cushions + covers for grandma. The cushions were full of duck feathers. They were quite soft. When I brought the cushions home, the kitties were all over them smelling duck I guess. Bujang was particularly affected and sniffed each cushion carefully.

Some of the furniture was very nice especially the book cases, with glass doors and the depth being quite deep. But all the ones that I thought were nice were all 'oversold temporarily'. Then of course I saw that I had to assemble them myself. THAT is not me lah. The very idea of assembling cupboards by myself is nauseating. It is also not economical to have them help me assemble them as I have to pay 30% of the selling price. HUH?

I went to a small pet corner and saw that they had beds (I have several for the kitties), fleece blankets (no need lah. Ms Akira usually just uses mine) , and cat toys. The kitties have so many of these and they play with none of them. No cat tent.

So I went to Courts Mega Store to see what was happening. Nothing much except more children and parents dragging electronic stuff. The paying queue was very slow as the cash registers were not behaving themselves. :(

It also rained throughout. Not a vey good day.

7 comments:

  1. Oh, so the cat tents haven't arrived huh?

    Duck feathers cushions, sounds very decadent!! Just hope the 4 amigos don't think that there are real ducks hiding inside the cushions!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:48 AM

    I had an ikea cuboard delivered to my house a few yrs ago...and I pretended to be all hopeless and damsel in distress and shocked that it did not come fully assembled. The pakcik and his assistant mat were soo nice they helped me assemble it in 10mins. Heeehee

    ReplyDelete
  3. The amigos just sniffed at them with great fascination. The only one who was not interested in duck feathers was Megat. He was more interested in oberving such craziness :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like to assemble things, and usually have to fight with my hubby for it! I volunteer to assemble your cupboard for you, san. Then I can play with the amigoes too...heheh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hye, you are a gud kitty bringing gifts for your granny! And see my pets!! they are spending their time watching TV!. if Mom cud know this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank u aunty_p. I might just take you up on that :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, me too!! Aunty P!!

    ReplyDelete