Thursday, December 07, 2006

No, only this level sometimes

Little Calico surprised by mobile phone

After I fed the Wild Bunch, it dawned on me to ask the people using the carpark if it was indeed true that there is a case of widespread defecation in it. I could only ask the one man I saw who was washing his car.

Me: Excuse me Sir, can I ask you a question?
Man (looking surprised and supicious). He pretended to wash the pails furiously.
Me: Excuse me Sir, can I ask you a question? Is it true that there is a lot of defe...err cat shit around the carpark?
Man: Ya, ya. At the end there- no parking sign.
Me: Really? Not at any other place?
Man: No, at the end. I dunno whether cat or dog.
Me: Oh. A taxi driver told me that there is cat shit here. All the time?
Man: Sometimes lah, not all the time.
Me: Did you see any of the cats shitting?
Man:No, I don't see any cat.
Me: Okie. Only this floor issit?
Man: Yes only here.
Me: Bukan kat atas? (Not upstairs?)
Man: Kat sini. Kat atas tak da. (Only here, upstairs don't have)

It suddenly struck me to speak Malay to the man as I thought he would be more willing to talk to me. These things strike me very late always!! But I was not able to continue as he was busy and FB was making noise. And of course my Malay is very basic. Next time I should make a list of questions I need to ask.

The man was washing his car on the 1st level of the carpark so I guess he parks his car there. He pointed to the end of the same floor, near the stairs. I usually feed SB on the ground floor, under the same stairs. I have seen some defecation here but I don't think it came from such a small kitty. The old aunty once told me very angrily that she had to remove a piece of paper placed under the same stairs. You guessed it. It was full of faeces. She had informed the worker about it and he had removed it. I don't think a cat can do this by himself/herself.

So one thing for sure. At least I know it is not all over the carpark. The Man did not tell me this when I told him I had gone to all 6 levels to investigate. And it happens only sometimes. The way The Man tells it, I could have sworn there was faeces everywhere most times. Of course I should ask more people to confirm this.

I had seen a Chinese man washing his car near my void deck. I thought of speaking with him too but when I finished with the Malay man, he had disappeared. I also made a whole round of the ground floor and 1st floor and there was no defecation of any kind. I also rang my Keys but SB did not race out to meet me. I guess she was full of chicken and tuna as well as dry food and did feel like eating more :)

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:12 AM

    Good job! Now you can refute the Man and tell him that what he'd said is not true. Show him that he can't pull a fast one on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya. I think he wants me to help remove Sb as he parks his car in the ground level. I went around yesterday and saw his taxi. I had seen SB milling about in that area before though :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. In that case, it may be a good idea to gradually lure SB away from the Man's usual spot, and hope that he would stop disturbing you further.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that anonymous was me...perhaps I'd forgotten to login this morning.
    auntie p

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah aunty p, that is another idea. Sb does not like going out of the carpark so I would have to get her to go up to another floor or another place altogether. She doesn't like to be seen I think unlike the other 3 who don't mind it.

    ReplyDelete