Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Its grooming time

Bujang resting after dinner and his ordeal

Bujang watching TV

Bujang refused to get into his carrier to go to the groomer's today. I think he knew something was up as I did not put him in his walking jacket. He wailed all the way to EP and then yelled when he had to meet with F, the groomer. There was only F there so I wondered how she was going to cope with Bujang by herself but the assistants from the pet store came in to help - 2 of them and one armed with Bach Rescue Remedy to calm him down. I saw them wrapping him up with towels and one of them tried to talk to him calmly while putting some drops behind his ears. It seemed to help until F came with nail clippers. I could see her (from outside) quickly taking her hands away from his too-quick-retractible claws.

It was a slow process and the whole opeartion took longer than usual. When I cambe back to get him, F said that he was angrier than usual and they had to stop sometimes to allow him to calm down. It seemed he absolutely refused to allow her to clip the nails on his hindlegs! Bujang is getting to be a real terror. One of these days we would get thrown out! I absolutely needed to get his nails trimmed as he would be going to the vet next week for his vaccination. I truly do not want him to lacerate the vet! But as long as the nails on his forelegs are trimmed, it should be okay.

On our journey home, he was much calmer and did not need me to talk to him throughout the whole journey. He sat close to me and looked out the window. I gave him some bream flakes as a reward for behaving so well in the cab and also he had had such a difficult day today.

No comments:

Post a Comment