Saturday, December 09, 2006

A newbie with the Wild Bunch

Fat Fat FatBoy

I thought I should take a pic of Fb eating - he eats endlessly, anything and everything. He is so fat that when he walks his tummy would swing from left to right :) I usually let him eat as much as he wants as I am afraid that I might not be able to come down the next day and he may not have a good happy meal. We have established a routine. I feed him many bowls of fish and chicken and turkey and he follows me to feed Calico Mom in the next block with his swinging tummy following close behind. He would then groom himself and sometimes get up on the table to sit next to the food bag :) Then I would accompany him back to his block where we would sit in silence for a while until he decides to allow me to go home. This usually means he would walk to the next column or onto the grass and then I can walk quietly and quickly back. If I get the signal wrong, he would run after me and infront of me. This means I would have to go back and sit some more. That is way it takes so long to finish my feeding route :)


Casanova - a handsome black Tom Cat


When I was feeding calico Mom yesterday I heard FB growling. This was quite strange as he never growls when Calico Mom is eating, having eaten all that he wants or can. So I walked to see what was behind the column and came face to face with Casanova. This is the 'Romeo' cat The Man was telling me about and the one that I had seen on the walkway. I had to shoo him away as I did not want a three-cat confrontation and he quite surprisingly left without saying anything at all. The Calico Mom was not bothered by a growling FB as she is used to him already. I felt a little bad shooing Casanova as I am sure he was hungry and that was why he came to see what's for dinner.

Later, after Calico Mom had finished her Salmon Dinner, I went to look for Casanova and saw 2 shining eyes under a van. So I brought him what was left of FB's and Calico Mom's dinner and asked him if he wanted it. He did not say anything but just looked at me. So I put the bowl under the van, close enough to him and sat a liitle distance away. he sniffed the air, stood up and came close to the bowl and then he ate. I was glad that he was not too afraid to eat.

Casanova eating under a van

When he was slowly eating..and it was a S..L..O..W..business, I observed that he is truly a big, hefty cat with untipped ears and really nice orange eyes. I was thinking that I could not possibly catch him myself if I want to send him to be neutered. He is quite formidable and I'm sure with equally formidable strength and claws to boot. He has no collar so I guess he is no one's pet but he looks well-groomed. After eating 3/4 of what was in the bowl, he left and I can see his 'family jewels' quite well. :)

2 comments:

  1. Fatboy seems very possessive of you. Would make a good housecat.

    Hope the SB's issue is resolved soon. I am noty sure what home pet care means, but so be it if SN is safe from weird man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whah! Bujang would surely freak out as FB is much bigger than he is. :)

    I think I will have to see how SB is after her op. If she needs more days then I would have to go for home pet care. I hope it means boarding your sick cat to make it better.

    ReplyDelete