Sunday, December 17, 2006

Last post for Sunday

What is he doing with MY things?

At this very minute Megat is in my room resting in HIS green carrier. He has decided where he wants to be in the room which is well and good as none of the kitties are going to challenge him for that carrier. It is not anyone's favourite carrier. Bujang sometimes sits in it in the hot afternoon to cool off but at present Bujang has at least 5 other places that he can hang out in. Toro has 3 and Ms Akira has 4. So everyone has more than enough places to hide in.

I think I will try to let Megat sleep with us tonight in his green carrier. Grandma was concerned about where he would poop. I told grandma that he has used the bin before and he could use it again as the boys didn't mind it. Of course I will have to see how this affects Toro and Bujang, especially Bujang. If Bujang bites me, then I know Megat will have to sleep someplace else- in his cage. I must prepare myself for WWIII.

One last point. I will have to get Megat vaccinated in the next two weeks. The vet said it would not be useful for me to have him tested for FIV as an old cat might have many more diseases and he did advise me to release him back in the carpark. The vet has a point of course. But since we have decided to adopt him, I think he should be vaccinated anyway. Megat seems more rested in the house. I wonder if he misses his old open life where he had many more options.

The kitties have all been Revolutioned as of today. Its only fair that Megat gets vaccinated as all of them would be vaccinated by the end of December except for Toro who would get his in August next year.

So FOUR amigos then. I only need to find an alternative for grandma's food problem.

6 comments:

  1. I say keep him inside with you and the rest of the amigos. He's had a hard life, he needs to have a relaxing life as a senior. I know you will take good care of him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think once Megat gets the idea that food=cat food and not fish then he will stop jumping on counter tops. Toro can guide him, lion hearted Toro!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would suggest you have him tested for FIV too, more for peace of mind than anything else.

    Have all of them wormed too. I suspect Megat will probably have worms and you don't want the worms to spread via the poop in the litter bin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If it turns out that Megat is FIV positive, does it mean you'll have to separate the cats' drinking water? It would be difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  5. aunty_p

    I thought FIV would spread thru blood or scratches. its by water too? He doesn't drink water. I have to put water in his canned food and that is the only way he gets water in his system.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're quite right, san, but I thought it can be spread via saliva, if I remember correctly? I hope I am wrong though.

    ReplyDelete