Friday, December 15, 2006

SB and his ordeal

Resting after ordeal at vet

New collar for SB

Falling asleep while doing the necessary!

What's happening in the loo eh?

Alien descending...

Finally Bujang takes the 1st step

SB rested for some time in the new cage after his ordeal at the vet and cab. He was very quiet in the cab due to the anesthesia (??) . He didn't move a muscle and I had to check on him to see if he was alright and breathing. When we came home, the amigos all ran from us, as expected. I put SB in the new cage and he was very quiet. I figured he may be hungry and so gave him some gerber chicken. He ate half a bottle and rested. I then gave him some biscuits which he couldn't eat but ate a whole can of tuna. I was very glad he had an appetite.

So toilet duties came next and I wheeled him into the litter-bin which the amigos used. He came out of the cage and actually went into the bin without prompting. The funny thing was he lay on the litter while urinating in the bin. I figured he had spent much of his life laying undercover. He did all the necessary big and small and even tried to bury all traces, which made me doubt The Man who said that SB was defecating on concrete.

I then cleaned him up as he had litter all over his face and cleaned his ears. They were full of grease and soot. I suppose I should have told the vet to clean his ears up. I thought all vets would do this as a matter of course. I would know better next time to ask explicitly for things to be done.

The amigos were all horrified that I had brought a strange thing home. I wondered if they knew he is another cat. Toro was the bravest of the 3. He came into the computer room to investigate and I noticed all 3 walked around the house gingerly as though they were afraid some catastrophe would happen. Ms Akira came to see what was happening. Bujang was thorougly disgusted and did not investigate at all until very late at night, when he crawled into the room to see what was happening.

The amigos were very disturbed I guess about this and did not eat their canned tuna dinner at all. That was how I knew how much it affected them. But later I was glad to see that they all sat around the living room looking quite relaxed. When it was time for bed, Toro went into the room as usual but not Bujang. he refused to come down from his basket and I had to go and get him. He sniffed at my hands and face to see if the 'alien' smell was there but I had first thorougly cleaned myself after handling SB. Once satisfied that nothing strange was going to get him, he allowed me to carry him into the bedroom. Bujang, my cat is always the most careful one. :)

I had placed the cage in the living room at night, some distance from MS Akira's cage and no one yelled or screamed at all last night. Even SB did not scream at all. Although he did mew many times, his voice was low and quiet. I guess the screaming was just for my benefit in case I forgot him in the carpark. :)

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:13 PM

    Poor old guy....nodding off in the loo. I think maybe the Amigos speak to him at night when you are asleep, like where he from, what had happened etc. Toro, being the youngest, would be the most kaypoh. I expect Miss Akira to be having a nervous attack, and Bujang all indignant with masculine pride.

    I think SB is apprehensive too, as he could smell that Bujang is a big tom.

    Cat_aunty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bujang was very indignant and refused to look at him at all. He refused to come out of the room and on the first and second day, refused to eat in the kitchen. I had to bring his biscuits into the bedroom. Only then would he eat anything. Ms Akira had vomitted again after she sniffed the strange new scent but Toro is busy looking SB over. They have all snarled and hissed once. Actually Ms Akira twice and Toro hissed as if to sncourage Ms Akira in her warning :)

    ReplyDelete