Monday, July 03, 2006

Reconstruction X 3


I decided to re-do the whole wire mesh thing. I got some mesh with a larger weave and fixed up the whole window again with black tie-ins. The mesh is grey and it looks better against my grills. More importantly, the amigos can now see the world less interrupted. The mesh on the right is smaller and although it does allow for a nice breeze, I think Toro would appreciate more breeze. Bujang likes watching the world go by and he could see the world so much better with this. Akira is just a curious cat and likes racing along so the sturdy elastic would keep the structure more stable. I had to use the elastic to tie two tiers to the grills and indeed it works like a dream. I went to the SELF FIX store at EP and got all the stuff in a jiffy.

The fixing took a little longer as I wanted it to be neater than before. So in just under one hour, my new cat gym was all ready for the amigos. They went to try it out immediately after that and I am glad to report it passed everyone's inspection.

5 comments:

  1. Ooh Ooh! Hope you get to see this comment!

    San, where did you managed to get the mesh with the larger holes? The ones I have are so teenyweeny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear mm

    I got the wire mesh at SELF FIX in the basement of East point at Simei. They have only a few selections. If you don't mind green, they have one that is nice and square and bigger than the one here even. Its what you see is what you get there. :)But I think almost any DIY store would have it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks San! I got mine at one of those DIY shops too but the teeny ones are already the biggest they have then.

    Green... a little hideous hor? :P I'll probably go to the shop near my place to see if they have the ones with bigger holes first, if they don't I'll pop over to Simei.

    Thanks heaps! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. My buggers keep chewing the cable ties off, & it's probably time to replace them.

    Do you experience the same problem?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear guttercat
    Thank goodness no. :) They are all absorbed with watching the world pass by and with the nice breeze that they totally ignore the cables.

    I had tied the frame with raffia the day before as a temporary measure and this one they tore into shreds. They went up the tiers just so they can chew the raffia off. :)

    ReplyDelete