Monday, July 03, 2006

Tiger! Tiger!

Carin from the cat shelter emailed that she would pick up the amigos' stuff on Saturday. I am glad as the house if full of the stuff that they have outgrown. And what do I need with 3 carriers since I can only bring one cat at a time to the V-E-T or the groomers? :)

This cat tree I bought specially for Akira when she first came to live here as Bujang has the grey one but Miss Akira of course prefers Bujang's cat tree. I think all 3 of them prefer the grey one as it is taller. I like this one as the colour is brighter and more exciting but I heard that cats are colour blind. Indoor cats are blind to more colors than outdoor cats as they do not have to hunt for prey..or so it says in the documentary. If the cats need to hunt, then they would be able to use more of their colour senses. THAT is one of the more fascinating things I learnt from watching Animal Planet. Well that and the fact that cats have 240 bones - more than a human being and most of them in their tail for balance.

Does that mean Bujang would not be able to balance well? Is that why Akira jumps and sits on tops of cupboard more often? She has a longer tail and Bujang has a very short kinked one. Of cos Toro has not jumped in any spectacular way to make use of his tail. :))


No comments:

Post a Comment