Saturday, July 08, 2006

Friday tales


Yesterday grandma had to go for her eye checkup and had left the amigos to their own devices. She had shut the door to the kitchen (something we had specially installed so we could leave them to roam in the whole house in case we have to leave for appointments) and also closed the computer room door. So essentially the amigos had the run of the house. I came home early that friday and found Bujang making himself comfortable in Akira's old night cage. I think he was trying to convince me that I should keep this cage for him to play in and not give it away to the shelter :) Bujang likes to be in close spaces, where there is only room for one. So sometimes he sleeps in his carrier as I leave its door open just in case any of the kitties want some private space and of course his basket-in-the-sky. Maybe he could have been a one-only cat in the house as he doesn't seem to go out of his way to play with the others, although he would play when they invite him to.

I spent the whole afternoon with them just observing the goings on. And of course the two others spent their time in bed. :))

5 comments:

  1. Cats do like enclosed space. Spencer always tries to squeeze into a boz 10 times smaller than her body. But I doubt she will go into a cage willingly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I think Bujang is curious as he sees akira in the cage everyday. he sometimes goes in just to inspect it and check it for size. Akira needs a little gentrle persuasion like food to get into the cage at night. Once she is in, she settles in for the night quite easily. I tried to get her to sleep outside of the cage for the night but she spent the whole time meowing and was a little distressed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny Akira. Did she start sleeping in the cage when she was a kitten? Maybe she associates it with safety and security.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yalah. I got her from the SPCA and she was in a cage there. So you may be right. I didn't think of that. I got her a bigger cage. Apart from her initial whining as it was diffrent from her old one, she got used to it quite easily. I had put all her old stuff in it as well as the old shelf. The shelf was too narrow for her I thought and had bought her the cage as it has a wider one. But she made noise. So i put her old shelf back and moved the new one up. She was a happier kitty :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup Mary. I am glad I have all 3 as they are all up to their different tricks. I enjoy watching the cats. I am lucky to have them all :)

    ReplyDelete