Saturday, July 29, 2006

Evening News


I tried to feed the amigos some premium can - solid gold seafood but of course they didn't like it much. They just ate a a few small mouthfuls and they're gone. I didn't want to waste the whole can so brought the food down for the calico but she didn't like it. I tried to find the black cat but he/she was nowhere to be found. I guess it was early yet. I then saw FatBoy and he ate all of the food and was still hungry. I didn't have anything else as it was not my cat feeding day. As I knew the cat feeder would feed him I didn't bring anything else. FatBoy was sneezing a little which worried me a bit but maybe because it was Hungry Ghost month and there may be ash flying about. But he stopped sneezing once he began to eat the food. I was glad for that.

I noticed a man in long-sleeved shirt and black pants walking about around the flats. Maybe this was the man the cat feeder was talking about - the one she was afraid of. She suspected that he may be from the hdb and was spying on her. I had seen him once before when I was feeding FatBoy. He just walks about and carries nothing. Would a person from the Town Council be snooping about at 715 pm? Surely that is after office hours. It is not against the law to feed community cats and I guess if he talks to me I guess I would ask for identification etc. Maybe I could bring him to other places where there is litter so he could patrol thereabouts to catch litter-bugs instead of frightening kind old ladies :)) None of the residents whom I have met and who saw me feeding the cats had ever asked me to stop feeding them. Of course they also didn't ask me why I was feeding the cats. They just looked at me as though I was weird but none has been outwardly hostile so I don't think there would be complaints.

Toro has yet to lie on his back with legs akimbo the whole time we're home. Maybe it's true that he only does that because he was too hot. He walks quite easily too. It is one of the best things that I could have done for him.

2 comments:

  1. how lucky..i got unknown people spying on my sister and me when i feed my two community cats..one "complained" to the town council..

    i place the latest update on my blog:

    http://jenniferyq.blogspot.com/

    i liked how ur new blogskin looked like..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks jennifer. I went to see your blog and its very animated and energetic. I saw that they said two girls were feeding the cats. The residents here sometimes smile at me and some of them know the cat feeder too. I am glad no one has yet 'complained' about us. *fingers crossed*
    Hmmm..maybe I should speak to the 'man'. He just walsk round once then he disappears. he does not go to the void decks though so possibly he is trying 'not' to see the cats :)

    ReplyDelete