Tuesday, July 18, 2006

The cats save the day

I had a very long day today- a 12 hour day, full of 'go' and not even anything to eat for the whole day except dinner at 5.30 pm. I raced from B to Tiong Bahru to deliver documents and thought I would just go to see what Tiong Bahru Plaza is like. It's nice but there were soooo many people - on a Tuesday?? I had mushroom swiss at Burger King. Since I was on the go for the whole day, I thought 'why not food on the go' too :)

Finally I could not take it any longer and decided to take a cab home. Woah! so much money gone there! By the time I reached home I was so tired and could not even play with the amigos. I finally decided to rest. So I switched off the lights, swicthed on the air-con and went to bed. It was very quiet and peaceful and I think the time I took to be just by myself worked wonders for my psyche.

Of course what is more soul-enriching was the fact that the amigos decided to rest in the room with me eventhough I had left the door open a little and they could go out and run about if they wanted. Bujang decided to accompany me and sat near me on the bed - all the time that I was on it. He was very quiet and just rested with me. Maybe he thought I was not well :)

I think it was this one gesture from my cats and Bujang that got me through such a horrible day. Toro finally decided he could not stand the peace and quiet and said some things, quietly but insistently. Bujang ignored him and I tried to ignore him too but the poor kitty sounded lonely so we all got up and went out. :) I gave him some bream to make him happy.

I think it is true that a home without a cat or a pet even, is not enough of a home.

3 comments:

  1. Whah, what a tiring day for you! Bujang understood, but Toro is like a kid, bored easily.

    I would have gone crazy long time ago, without my cats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My MIL always say when she coughs, her calico would look at her or come to her, as if quite concerned. Perhaps the smarter cats really do understand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yah aunty p and cat aunty

    Bujang knws very well when I am tired or sick and stays with me all the time. Maybe its because he has been with me eversince he was 6 weeks. or maybe when be behave differently frm the usual, they will know the difference.

    ReplyDelete