Sunday, July 02, 2006

Idle Hands


I finished all of the chores for Sunday - the usual cat chores and saw that Bujang was not at all enarmoured of the new cat gym. He sniffed and ignored the whole contraption. He refused to sit in his basket, using it as a footstool to get to the cat trees. He bit the scratching post and looked at us with his big round eyes. He seemed to say "What's with this arrangement eh?"

So since I didn't pay all that money for the cat gym to be an ornament I decided to do something else about it. Added to this, Bujang used to love his hanging basket. He used to be in it every day. So I felt a little guilty about rearranging the basket to suit me and my fears for the kitties.

After dinner, I decided to put the basket where it was before, halfway up the cat gym. Now I have to solve the problem of the rickety structure. I didn't have time to call my cousin to help with the drilling so I decided to place the gym close to the window grills. This means I have to put some netting over the grills as I thought it would be nice if I can open the window all day for them to sit and look at the world from on high. I would get them some wider netting later so they can see more of the world.

So with some re-arranging and help from Bujang himself and sometimes Akira I got it all done. And yes, Bujang took one look at the new arrangement and immediately sat in his basket. He preened and he groomed himself. I had to tie the stem of the gym to the grills to steady it.

And that was all that I needed to do. Bujang has his basket, I have a very steady tree and the kitties have a new window to see the world in. All in all, it was a good Sunday. I will post the pics tomorrow. :))


1 comment: