Monday, July 24, 2006

Yup! a Thinner me :)

Bujang is looking thinner and indeed he is thinner after the diet of just dry biscuits and one teaspoon of wet food at night. I have decided to give the boys 5 grammes more of kibble at night. So each will get about 25 grammes. Even though they sometimes eat from each other bowls, they would get about the same amount. In the day, they get about 20 grammes per cat. They are all indoor cats and should be eating less. They also get a little more exercise.

I have not weighed him yet but by just looking at his figure, you can tell. Grandma says he is too thin. She prefers a fat cat but I told her probably in the long run, it would not be good for Bujang's health. He will be like those very chubby kids you see because their mothers or grandmas think the fatter the cuter. I will weigh him during the weekend and then can decide on his diet. i do not think he would be less than 6 kg. Maybe just one or two kilos lighter.

4 comments:

  1. Bujang, you have a waist now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking fit and trim, eh, Bujang?

    I am now giving the foster cat at home (and some for the fatter community cats) Royal Canin for Indoor cats which has less fat. Since having Chocolate Boy at home, I discovered another advantage - poo that doesn't smell bad...which helps to keep uncle S happy, since we can't be at home to clean up immediately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup. he is looking trimmer :)) I am gald the dry biscuit diet paid off for him at least. I think the trick is not to feed so much canned food. I was thinking of giving them canned food once in two days but i changed my mind cos they simply live for the few spoonfuls of tuna. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think two spoonfuls of wet food won't do much harm. :)

    Re your question, Royal Canin for Indoors cats has about 14-15% fat, and contains some anti-oxidants. There's even a version (I think No. 37) which can make your cat's coat beautiful. Trust the Japanese to have a solution for everything!

    ReplyDelete