Saturday, July 01, 2006

Toro's first walk downstairs 1st july 2006



















I decided to bring Toro down today 1st July at about 11.30 am after reassembling the cat gym. I had bought him a new harness that does not go around his neck. It was better as he needed only to put his two front legs through it and we can go. He did not slink low with this harness and was able to walk naturally. He did try to bite it off but not for any extended time.

I thought I would walk him outside but then I figured the birds downstairs would give him better incentive to walk. I brought him down and positioned his carrier so that he could watch the birds from behind the grills for a bit. He was very interested to watch them and so after a few minutes I opened his carrier door so he could decide for himself whether to walk out or stay in. :))

It is always best not to rush them. If he had decided that all he wanted to do was sit in his carrier and look at the world, that would have been fine with me also. But I was glad he decided to walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment