Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Day 1 of the 7th Month

It was fortunate that this afternoon I met the aunty who feeds the cats. She was at the void deck chatting. When she saw me coming towards her, she got up and I asked her if she had found work. It seemed that she did find some work but had to stop as the work at the airport was too much for her and so she was there to give the cats fresh water.

I told her that we should have a schedule for the cat feeding so she would not be so tired and I would not be worried about the cats. So I told her that I would feed them 3 times a week and she would have to feed them the remaining time. This would also allow her to feed her other cats. It seemed she is feeding 'many, many'. She also wanted me to feed another female cat, who is the mother of the calico in my block. :O}

So after feeding the 3 cats, I went to look for the calico mom but found a tortoiseshell cat instead. She refused to have anything to do with me and would not even touch the food I had tried to give her. She must be waiting for her regular feeder or she had fed already. I did a turn around 3 blocks and finally found the calico mom near the carpark where the the black cat was. It's true. she does have the same markings as the calico except hers is not so widespread. She has the same soft voice and she ate the chicken and gravy I offered her daintily, like her daughter. Then she gave along stretch. asked for a scritch, then off she went. Like mother, like daughter I thought. :)

It was very bright even at 8 as many people were burning red candles. It looked rather festive and alot of families were out chatting and doing the rites at the same time. So I had quite a pleasant time out this tuesday.

1 comment:

  1. i detest 7th month because its smoky and the wind seem to be blowing stronger to be in synch with the flying ash!

    ReplyDelete