Saturday, July 22, 2006

Saturday Feed


Toro has learnt how to get onto the table. he jumps onto akira cage and then just leaps onto the table. this is great progress. They guys sometimes sleep on the table in the afternoon, the glass makes it cool for them. Bujang doesn't protest at all as long as Toro doesn't get too near him. Toro usually needs steps to get up any high surface. My mom thinks its because he has short legs. I took this pic when i came back from feeding the cats downstairs.

When I came home from work, at about 730 pm, the calico came calling for me when she saw me. I assumed that she has not eaten. I gave her some biscuits and she ate hungrily but she didn't finish the biscuits, being a wet food kind of gal. So I went upstairs and got my cat bag and fed her one small can of tuna and chicken. I also put the collar on her and at first she found it difficult to walk with it but she got the hang of it after a few minutes. The collar used to belong to Akira but Akira has too many collars already. I then fed the noisy black cat and then went to find gemok. Gemok saw me from far away and ran to get food. He was quite ravenous and ate 1 can of chicken and gravy, 1 can of tuna and chicken and one packet of salmon. He is the fattest kitty in the three blocks.

I was wondering where the feeder was. She had told me that she was called for an interview at the airport last 2 saturdays and so I thought she might have gotten some work as the cats were all so hungry. Last Wednesday Gemok actually came to my block of flats to find something to eat. He hardly ever comes here unless he is too hungry. so I fed them all. Then to my surprise, I saw the cat feeder walking quickly across the carpark towards the other flats. She didn't even come to say hello eventhough her favourite cat is Gemok. Its getting curiouser and curiouser :O/

3 comments:

  1. That's purty funny cuz my beans DON'T want us on the table. Efur. Yur good to feed the starvin kitties. I'm starvin, too, but my beans don't belief it. They leaf crunchy food out all day, but I'd rather haf canned food or treats. More treats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its pretty funny for us too. We bought the table for beans but no bean wants to use it. Instead of just leaving it be, i thought I will just allow the amigos to hang out on it if they want. The weather gets pretty hot here and the glass cools all of them down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cats like to look down on their world. I think Persians are not very agile. When Max first came, he couldn't jump up to the tables and cabinets at all. He learnt by watching others.

    As for the cat feeder aunty, maybe she hasn't got money to feed the cats, and she is sorta passing her kitties to you.

    ReplyDelete