Saturday, July 01, 2006

Reconstruction I



Yesterday was the last straw. It was quite scary for the lot of us here. Bujang decided to race up the cat gym and seriously attack the topmost pole - the one covered by fake fur. The gym shivered and shook. Godzilla was doing his duty- all fur and teeth. He didn't seem to feel any fear at all, no doubt he was too intent on killing. I unearthed the thingees I had to use to unscrew the parts and waited for today to finish the job.

Early this morning, I had dismantled all the parts to this cat gym and reassembled it. I decided that the basket should be at the bottom, being closer to gravity (I think) it would not be so easy for the whole contraption to topple. My science and maths are now hazy recollections of numbers and concepts. I can only hope this will hold true.

So now the amigos have one long uninterruted pole (2 poles joined together) for a good stretching session. I have to actually use the fake furred pole as it covers the metal bits. I don't want the kitties to hurt themselves.

It took me about 20 minutes. I can only hope Bujang takes to his basket now as it is low and may not give him a vantage viewpoint nor the same degree of security.

2 comments:

  1. congrats! now would you like to reassemble mine? :)))

    i guess i would do it and remove the lower shallower basket, as people kept peeing in it!

    haiz...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. better not say so loudly. No one has yet slept in the basket. It may be a bad idea to put it so low but I don't see any other way :) You can have mine - the one that is flat but soft right? The cats used it as a stepping stone to the tier.

    I had to remove it to fix Bujang's basket. :))

    ReplyDelete