Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Sad news


I received word that my sister's cat is very sick. He has lesions on his body and sometimes where it rubs against the cage, there is blood. He is also very thin. I read that when the FIV is at an advanced stage, the weight loss can be very steep and it might seem like the cat lost weight suddenly. Also a cat can suffer the 2nd stage of FIV without showing symptoms for years and then the advanced stage come thick and fast. She has to make some decisions for her cat and will consult the vet first for advice on what is the best course of action to take.

This must be one of the hardest decisons anyone has to make and I pray that I do not have to make one like it. We cried over the phone when she told me about her cat and all the amigos decided to stay near me quietly, even Totoro.

After I put down the phone, I decided to play with all of them and in no time at all, they were jumping and turning and racing for Da Bird. I am glad for that.

Its time to sleep now and I am glad ro have every one of them with me. Tomorrow I have to go to training for Tranformational learning - whatever that it. I guess it would transform me in some way. I have 3 days of it and I should hope that it would teach me something to make me do my job better.

4 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your sister's cat. * headbutts and purrs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also afraid of having to face such a situation one day, but I think it's inevitable, with the number of community cats around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are furry sorry bout your sister's cat. He is lucky to haf someone who cares so much about him right now when he most needs it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone. My sister has emailed her vet for more information and she would take his advice as to the wisest thing to do for her cat.

    ReplyDelete