Friday, October 27, 2006

When it rains...


Yesterday I went down to feed the cats as it was raining. I figured the cats might be more hungry. The old feeder told me three weeks ago that she would ask her friend to help her feed the cats but I have not seen this friend. So I decided that apart from my duty days, I would try to feed the cats on the other days too when I can.

The night went on without incident until I had fed FatBoy and we (FB has taken it upon himself to accompany me on my route after his feed) left to feed Calico Mom. We passed the lift and saw some girl who saw FB. She immediately giggled and squirmed and said 'cat..cat'. I told her that the cat will not hurt her so she doesn't need to be frightened by it. Indeed FB was more frightened by the giggling and squirming! I also said that FB was not really interested in her as she had nothing to give him. The people at the life (her little brother, her maid and another man) were quite surprised that I had even spoken for the cat. When we left, I heard her yell "Loser".

Aiyah! Maybe it was not the best thing to have done. She might try to giggle and squirm her way to do something to FB but like Lady Macbeth said "What is done, cannot be undone." :( I don't care about being called 'loser' as she was young and was probably embarrassed when I had told her all that in a very firm way. I can't really understand silly people. The only excuse is possibly she is young, probably only 11 or 12.

Anyway the good thing about yesterday's feeding was I found out that FB has other admirers. As I was sitting with him, a young woman came and talked to him. Since he was no more hungry, he jumped up and followed her and I made my way home. I think she was the same young woman who spoke to me before about FB. Anway as I left, I saw FB with the woman and her partner talking to each other. He seemed very comfortable with them.

4 comments:

  1. She's the loser. Always good to dare to peak up for the voiceless ones. Maybe your words did rub her the wrong way, but well, it takes experience, and that will only come with experience. ;P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear dear San, dun be upset by the comment from such ignorant, ill-bred girl. You are not a loser, you know it, we all do.

    Purrs and headbutts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:26 PM

    this girl and the what's-her-name elitist blogger. the face of the nex generation of singaporeans. very scary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. san u definitely not loser! u doing so much gd deeds.... the person IS the loser, she doesnt realise n know the humane of life... its sad to be here, thinking shes all n mighty,but shes actually so small

    ReplyDelete