Saturday, October 14, 2006

He's my brudder even if he doesn't know it :)

Bujang was very naughty yesterday or maybe because it's my fault. I decided to bring Ms Akira's night cage into the room so she could sleep with the boys and still be protected. But Bujang had other ideas and I should have learnt this lesson that Bujang had tried to teach me many times. "Do not bring any more cats into the bedroom without asking his permission". I thought he would not mind as Ms Akira is his bud but not so. After 20 minutes or so of tolerating the intrusion, he jumped onto the bed and bit me. So I decided to make him get off the bed. I put him on the floor. Before I can say "OUCH!" Bujang sprang up and gave me one of his scary stares and got ready to launch another attack. He even bit my feet under the blankets. So as a last resort, I got up and bundled him into the orange canvas house that I had bought some time ago and zipped up the flap. Oh..he was so furious and he spent some time tearing at the lining of the canvas on and on and on...

Toro, bless his warm heart, first decided to lord it over Bujang and lazed in front of the zipped house. He even took a sniff at Bujang who was furiously tearing at the lining. Then he actually got up and started to sniff at the bag really closely and bit it. He tried to scratch the bag and went around several time to see if he could spring Bujang out. After some minutes of trying, he realised that it was useless and went up the bed to get some shut-eye.

I wheeled Ms Akira out of the room and left Bujang to rest and relax for some time with the lights off. I played some soft music from the Mahabharata to get everyone to relax. After some time Bujang sat quietly in the house. I released him after I was sure he was not angry anymore and that he had cooled down. He came out and had something to drink after which he sat near me and went to sleep. WOAHH!

This is the orange canvas house that I had orinally bought to house Toro when he first came. Once the flap is zipped up, its pretty secure and there is nothing a cat can do to escape from it. Toro sometimes sits in here when we play with da Bird. He waits and when he sees the lure, he would run out to ambush it.

3 comments:

  1. Good job for your quick thinking , San! Sometimes cats get these wild streaks. For Bujang, maybe it was due to Miss Akira, maybe not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. bujang is the eldest is it?

    wow that bag thingy can HOLD him n let him cool down... good teachings n plan, san

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup Bujang is the 1st cat in the house :) Then its Ms Akira and then Toro. The good thing is he doesn't take it out on the kitties, just on me. I guess he knows Toro couldn't possibly bring the cage in and its not Akira's fault that she is in the bedroon....ahaha

    ReplyDelete