Friday, October 20, 2006

Cat news

I went to the Pet store today for catfood and met M. I had adopted Toro from her and my cousin had adopted the 2 cute kittens last month. She told me that her friend found an abandonee who looks just like Toro and about 1 year old. Toro is now 17 months.

I was surprised that anyone would abandon such a pretty cat but M says its the festive season and many people abandon their cats, dogs and rabbits when they clean their house!! She also said it was a fortunate thing that her friend saw the cat (her friend is actually afraid of cats) and alerted her straightaway. Imagine it if some cat hater sees him and decides to hurt him!

I have a friend wjo is allergic to cats but she decided that she would take some anti-histimines before coming to my house so she would not be affected by it so much. I think she knows that there is no way I would abandon the amigos for anyone. I just think that guests have to take precautions if they want to come or at least you can put your cats in a room until the guests leave. I can't understand people who put out their pets with their furniture.

On a better note, we have not seen the boys who went around trying to catch FatBoy for some days. In fact, the blocks have been quiet except for the usual suspects. It is the fasting month and there are many people going about at about 7 to 8 for prayers so this might be a deterrent.
I think if I see some boys, I would just ask them to keep an eye out for FatBoy to keep him safe. I think the more you talk about the cats to people who sit at void decks, the more people would understand and help keep watch. It is also important to smile at people as you feed the cats so people won't think you're up to no good. I am not a smiler really but I now smile widely to anyone who walks about as I am feeding the kitties. I have seen people looking at me strangely as I talk to the kitties also. But they usually smile back.

Calico Mom would be safe I think as I had seen her hiding in some bushes well away from people traffic. Little Calico usually sleeps in the drain very quietly unless she sees me and Screaming Banshee just hides out in the carpark. The people in my block are very fond of Little Calico as she is friendly and pretty. It is only FatBoy who walks around asking for food. I really don't know how he can eat so much and still be hungry.

7 comments:

  1. hi, just wish ur family esp ur grandma and u had a happy Hari Raya next tue and enjoy ur 'last min' shoppin this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toro has such wicked eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exactly vegancat. Splitting image right down to the face markings :) Amazing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:39 PM

    Do you have any photo of this abundant cat?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blu-er? You can see him at the link of vegancat's :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:07 AM

    No, I meant the one your fren found abundant and looks like Toro.

    ReplyDelete