Thursday, January 14, 2010

My Bare Belly...

Please san. There is no need to show my bare belly...puhleeeasee....
Akira's over grooming had resulted in one bare belly and bare inner hind legs...
There are also small sores on one of her legs but they are now healed with some cream from the vet's...


I have yet to take on Wildrun's advice about the Omega 3 for her over-grooming. I rememebered giving Megat the Omega 3 and how the whole cat and house and everything he lay on reeked of salmon oil. But of course I would still give it to her but I would have to force-feed her with the Omega 3 as she hates anything 'foreign' in her food. This might stress her out more.

So I am giving her the Bach No 6. I also put the globules in the boys' water so they would be equally mellow. The good thing is she has been asking to be let out of her room and would run out to sit on the frige the whole day rather than cooped up in the room. Her asking to be let out is a great improvement.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:36 AM

    It is hard to tell why cat licks - it could be stress, mites, allergy or boredom...and licking could come on quite suddenly. Skin problem could be vets' #1 income ;)
    Mites could cause an allergy (resulting in itch) to one cat and not the one next to him-it happened to my cats. Suspect chemical cleaners on floor-esp as bald areas are in contact with floor. If cat can handle gradual change of diet, see if chicken in diet is the culprit- then go lamb/beef/venison/duck or vegetarian. If licking is due to boredom and not irritation, how about a bitter spray? On the other hand, spray cld be source of irritation too. Wah...delicate skin lah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My BB also has a bare belly as her fav pasttime is to sit leaning against the wall in a very relaxed position and licking her belly. We did not bother about it as long as it does not cause her any issue (so far none for the past few years).

    ReplyDelete