Friday, January 22, 2010

Megat the Miracle Cat

What can I say?

Dr L saw him and could not believe he is 14 years old this year. "This cat will live for 3 to 4 years!" he sang. He took one look at Megat and smiled widely. "This is the cancer cat who is doing very well," he told the trainee vet, who was busy typing his words into the computer. He gave Megat the once over and admired his coat. "Coat beautiful, eyes bright, weight good, not dehydrated and gums red. A good colour!" He also listened to Megat's heartbeat.

He then told the trainee vet - Review : RECOVERED! WOAHHHHHH!!! All of us smiled broadly when he said the words. He told me that we should just see him 6 times per year and so that makes it every 2 months! he then told the trainee vet what we had done for MMegat(Miracle Megat) and told me that I should continue with his supplements as it is working very well for MMegat.

He was surprised that I still give Megat one suppository a day. "That's expensive!" I totally agree. I guess now I can give him the suppository on alternate days with the liquid sang hwang in between. This would mean MMegat will not be so upset with the suppository for a whole week but just 3 days in the week. He would have to eat the liquid version on all the other days so his system would still be fortified.

I asked Dr L to put in the suppository so I would not have to fight with him. In no tie at all, it slipped in with MMegat not seeming to notice. HUH! I said out loud. Dr L then told me that I should push the suppository downwards and not straight as I have always done. AIYAHHH!

I must say that he looks the best among the 5 kitties and when I told Dr L this, he laughed and said "Of course. He gets sang hwang everyday!"

I must say I am _so relieved_ to see RECOVERED in his record and card. There is nothing better for a cat bean I think and for the cat of course.

BTW I read a pamphlet at the vet's about ANIMAL TALK (versus BODY TALK). It seems this therapy may help cats and dogs with a lot of problems and especially with over grooming. I also spoke to the practitioner who was actually in the same room as Dr L when he was examining MMegat. Dr L said that it worked for his pet who was overgrooming rather badly. She said (the practitioner) that she would be able to help me with Ms Akira's nervous problems and so I might give her a call one of these days. I will see what happens first with the omega 3 that she is taking from flaxseed oil instead of salmon oil. It tastes a little bitter and although she hates it, she does not run away when I give it to her. We will see...

For his daily cocktail see Journey to Life - Megat's blog.

5 comments:

  1. three cheers for mmegat!!!!

    three cheers for san!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! That is such wonderful news, San! We are just delighted for you and all the amigos!

    Live long and prosper!

    PS: We would love to know a bit more about Sang Hwang and what it does.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:20 AM

    Heartiest congratulations to all, especially you San and Megat :)

    Megat, you are one little fighter and your will to live is something which we all can learn. Cats or otherwise :D

    the letter b

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:58 AM

    Congratulations Megat!! What great news. I know how you feel as our cat went into remission under Dr L's care. Every year is bonus time. Wishing Megat many bonus years to come.

    ReplyDelete