Saturday, August 26, 2006

Saturday morning look-out


Here I think Bujang is looking quite handsome. He was staring at some commotion in another flat. Some workers were busy renovating and sand-grinding the balcony of the flat opposite ours. I am glad that even after Toro's Topcat moves, he still looks calm and collected or maybe that is just the way cats are.

I read the 'cat attack' story in the Straits Times and sent in a reply that I hope there would be no call to exterminate cats from hdb flat but instead we must all use our 'heartware' to work together to ensure safety of children, cats and other animals and pets and families as a sympathetic community. I do not know if they will print it as I did not check my addy and had left the unit number out :) Of course people may write back (if they did print it) to say that I am quite unsympathetic to the safety of children as I am asking for people to help the cats rather than send them to their deaths.

But I look at this picture of my cat Bujang again and he has grown into such a lovely cat and it would have been a pity if someone had decided a long time ago to get rid of all cats in residential or school areas.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, he looks very alert and distinguished.

    The news story was taken out of context. The article also said the cat was running away from the child's grandma, who was chasing the cat and stomping her feet at it. The cat was provoked.

    ReplyDelete