Monday, August 21, 2006

Of cats and human folly

Cat feeding time is getting easier for me as the cats can always be found at their own areas. This is a sure sign that cats are not normadic as it is not in their best interest to be so, especially when food is concerned. I fed the calico a whole tin before some silly kid came home from school and started an loud meowing. This frightened her alot and she became very skittish. She went to look for the source of the noise and I heard some loud foot stamping, followed by a screaming boy. I told him fiercely not to frighten the cat as she had done nothing to him. He got quite a fright as he didn't expect anyone to be feeding the kitty, much less scolding him.

On hindsight, maybe I should not have given in to my irritation and should have explained the silliness of his actions to him. But if I find any more of these pupils scaring the cat, then I think I would write a letter to the Principal of the school to request that he educates the children about these actions.

Anyway Fatboy has lost his collar. I don't know why but I would like to think he lost it himself when he was trying to move about, rather than the fact that people might have stolen it. I guess I would have to get him another one, maybe one of Bujang's older collars that are not so attractive but still serviceable. If the collar is not attractive, then possibly people would not steal it. I would also put 'community cat' on his new tag so its would not be a magnet for people to steal from cats. It's as bad as stealing from orphans but I guess not many people would think of it like this. . The other two calico kitties still have their red collars. I am glad for that.

2 comments:

  1. San, I don't know...I always scream at the naughty kids who threathen the kitties. It scared them witless, and it seemed to deterr them. Maybe the older kids would be open to reasoning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it was just my first reaction cos I was angery as she was trying to eat and got scared by such silly antics. I don't think he would have sat to listen to me anyway ...:(

    ReplyDelete