Wednesday, August 16, 2006

An After Dinner Tale

I finally got a pic of the calico mom. Here she has just finished her food, which consists of Friskies tuna + some beef + chicken liver and gravy. I actually gave FatBoy this and since he did not finish his food, I put some of it in a clean bowl and gave it to the calico mom. She ate it with great gusto, probably because it stinks a lot of fish and FatBoy's scent was not so overpowering. She looks rather fat and stocky in the pic and indeed she is a little chubby but nothing can beat FatBoy who followed me all the way to feed the calico mom.

FatBoy sat a little distance away and did his after- dinner grooming. The calico mom did not protest his presence too much, unlike her daughter, who would put up a real fuss.

A few people were downstairs burining joss sticks and didn't bother with the cats so each group minded their own business :)

6 comments:

  1. What a pretty cat. She has nice "phoenix" eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you neuter them all of them? I saw they all have tipped ears.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No , the previous feeder had done it. Now she has moved to Tampines or so the old cat feeder told me. The only 1 of the four not neutered is the black cat in the carpark. He is very fierce and does not trust me all that much. So that one will have to wait.
    Phoenix eyes menas slanting almond shaped ones?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear San, haha, yes. Phoenix eyes were highly prized among the classic Chinese beauties.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Calico mom is very cute and beautiful. Reminds me of another calico mum near my place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. :) She also has a pretty even temper and is extremely patient apart from very good table manners. Her daughter looks a little like her. I wonder how they got separated like this or maybe they both try to stake out different blocks.

    ReplyDelete