Monday, August 07, 2006

In The Park

Bujang had a grand fit at home, tearing into all the straw mats and yelling the house down. He got scolded by grandma for making a ruckus and spent the morning sulking in his basket. I told grandma that this could be because he has not been out for a whole week and he misses the outdoors. It could get pretty boring being cooped up in the house 24/7.

As luck would have it I got home early and we went to the park at about 5. Bujang got into his jacket quietly and made no fuss when I carried him from his basket into the carrier. He settled in quickly and waited for me to wheel him out.

We went to walk near the flat but he didn't like it and skulked about so I wheeled him to his usual park. He got out quickly and stalked though the grass, sniffing the blades as he passed over them, chomping on some and ignoring others. He chased a lizard through the ixora to no avail and had to be contented with just the sweet smell of the flowers. :)

He complained a little as he made his way across the field but I told him there was nowhere else to go that he would like better. A few passers-by saw us and was quite surprised that I was talking to my cat :) We stayed until about 610 and then I had to bring him home as the grass made me itch. Bujang seemed quite satisfied as he made no protest when I put him in his carrier and we took the scenic route home.

He has not yelled nor made another attempt at the mats after the walk. Instead he has been sitting calmly and played quite enthusiastically with the wand toy. He even allowed Toro and Akira to have a go at it. :) I think we would go out early tomorrow too.

2 comments:

  1. Whah Bujang, relax lah. Mummy needs to work too. I guess once a cat has experienced the outdoors, he would want to be in it again

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am beginning to think so cat-aunty. I think he gets bored being in the house for days on end. Then he gets antsy and fed-up. Even being in the corrior is enough to cheer him up again but nothing is better than being out in the park :)

    ReplyDelete