Monday, August 14, 2006

An early walk to the park

We went for an early walk today, at about 510 instead of our usual 600 pm walk. I find it much easier to bring Bujang down immediately as I step into the house from work. I notice that if I rested until later, I would not have the energy to bring him for his usual walkies and then I get a very unhappy cat.
Bujang however, is not used to walking so early and the brightness disconcerted him a little. Also the sounds were different and there were no football maniacs in the park at that hour. This picture is of Bujang being dazed by the sunlight. He had to take his bearings before walking.








After taking his bearings, Bujang made a stealthy crawl towards the void deck but not until he surveyed the environment, like the careful trekker that he is :)







The old man sitting at the void deck made a request for me to bring Bujang to him. Here he is waving to us. ;) So I carried Bujang to where he was. He told me that he had had a cat once and he loves cats. I put Bujang next to him and to my surprise, Bujang actually sat down next to the man quietly. The man is not well. I think he had difficulty walking. Bujang made no move to escape and even allowed the man to pet him. WOAH! I was also surprised that he allowed a little boy to pet him on his head but I warned the boy's nanny to be careful. I don't want my cat nor the boy to get hurt.

Bujang then decided to take a closer sniff at the man but he shied away. So I guess he was rather nervous at having a cat sniff at him :) I decided to entice Bujang away and he scooted into the carrier as he heard the sounds of footsteps and the water hose. The TC workers were going to wash the void deck. So with Bujang in the carrier, we went home before 600 pm. It has been quite a nice day out for all of us :))

2 comments:

  1. Yes, Bujang looked dazed, as if his pupils were still adjusting to the sunlight. He really is a big boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yah. People are always surprised when I tell them he will be 2 in september. They always think he is about 3 or 4 years old. His motrher, a siamese is petite and his father is small yet stocky. I dunno how come his genes make him so big. He is on the same diet and now not so fat as before also. Maybe the neutering has something to do with it. [I hope lah]

    ReplyDelete