Sunday, August 03, 2008

More help for the Catit-challenged

The amigos catit after the motor was cleaned - only one removable cover though.
I followed all the advice and the water flowed all over the dome.

Some more advice to all of us who are Catit-challenged.

We would appreciate more advice if anyone else has a sure-fire way to make the Catit or Dogit work well. I have decided to place the additional advice here as not many of us have the energy to read all the comments to find a solution and I feel that I need to do this for all the dog and cat beans out there.


I've 2 Dog-It drinking fountains (the model with attached reservoir). The cover of both sides of the motor can be removed. I'd remove the covers and use a toothbrush to give the motor a good cleaning (gently) once a week.Putting some water into the side with the motor (enough water to cover) AND the reservoir side (about 1cm) BEFORE fitting on the dome have worked for me. And if the water flow is still uneven, I'd do the following: 1) re-fit the filter; 2) re-attach the motor; and 3) re-align the wire (the part under the red cap). I find that these 3 parts need to fit snugly under the dome for an even water flow.You might also want to try setting up the fountain at different spots in your house to check if uneven flooring might be the cause.
from Mighty Mouse
I seldom touch the fountain but the Wife who is the "expert" in this says that you just need to shift the whole dome (with the flower) a bit to make water flow down all sides. She is quite good at it and takes only a few seconds to get it working smoothly. If you need a "live" demo, you'll need to come over. :)Btw, the gang still drinks from their original bowls most of the time. Waste of money buying the fountain I tell you. Haha.
from kxbc
Thanks all. We appreciate the help.

1 comment:

  1. Agree with MightyMouse re the uneven flooring....and I always fill up the reservoir before putting the dome back in. The flower I had removed long time ago though, seems useless.

    ReplyDelete