Wednesday, January 17, 2007

We like things only one way please

Let me tell you a thing or two about routine!

More than anything, Megat is a true creature of routine. If the HDB still thinks cats are normadic and likes to roam, then Megat can teach them a lesson or two in the true nature of kittydom.

He would only eat his dinner when I am with him. This is because he has a routine :) Firstly, he would eat the food in his nice blue-striped porcelain dish, then he would make a short trip to the bin to pee. After this, he would come to me where I will wipe him dowm with his regular salt bath. First the back, then the head, the belly and the tail :) Then he would go back to his dinner for the 2nd session of eating. It would then be time to drink from the cat fountain, take his vitamins and then a second wipe down. He would take a cursory swipe at me or Toro and after a little chat, he would go into the bedroom to rest in his green carrier for the rest of the night until bedtime :)

When I call him out, then he would sit by me or sleep by the duck-feathered cushion.

If I just put his dinner infront of him, he would eat a mere mouthful and then leave or disturb Toro. He would show no interest in his dinner at all. This has happened all 3 days this week. I thought I would allow him more freedom to mingle with the others without my presence. It was not a wise decision :)

There isn't a normadic bone in his body as he has not shown the slightest interest in the outdoors nor in any of the outdoor excursions of the other kitties. Probably he had quite enough of the outdoors and prefer the quieter life of the indoor cat.

Indeed all the rest have their own particular routines which they take very seriously and would reprimand me severely if I do not adhere to them at all times. Ms Akira would get pretty upset if she doesn't get to nap on my lap at the computers, Tunabelly would stick close to me until I open the toy cupboard and allow him to choose the toy (its always the same toy) and Bujang expects his usual small sliver of cheese when I open the fridge door.

It does make it quite easy to care for cats - as long as you do what they want :)

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:54 AM

    We are slave to cats it seems we cat lovers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:19 AM

    Indeed.

    ReplyDelete