Sunday, January 14, 2007

Ask us tomorrow and tomorrow

Front row seats.

The 3 kitties all rushed to the grills this morning when they heard a very loud 'Caw! Caw!" from outside the flat. I think the crows are flying in search of a bit of dry land for shelter. The jury is still out as to what happened to the crow but I think they are getting used to the idea of having Megat in the house as at this moment, I had let Megat out of his cage to walk about.


Please let ME be the judge of that, thank you...

Ms Akira is still not used to the idea of having Megat in the house. She has come to peer at him quite often when he is in the cage and has sniffed at him several times. Megat has never snarled at her when he is inside his cage and only once did he hiss at her when he is out. She has taken to throwing up these days but I do not know if this time, it is nervousness like before or just the new avoderm biscuits she has been eating.
The sun will still shine whether he is here or not...

Bujang is taking the situation a little better. He has sniffed at Megat and even walked close to his cage without flinching. I think the idea of giving them treats near each other is working. This morning. I let Megat out and gave them all treats together. No one fought each other, although Bujang made sure he was on the table and quite far away from Megat. He has not cowered under the small table like before.

But I think I could not let Megat have the run of the house yet. On Saturday, I let Megat out in the afternoon until about 8 and today Megat was out in the morning. I had to put him in his cage as he tried to intimidate Toro once again. I let him out for dinner and now he is in his cage so resting on Garfield - the orange cat. Everyone is resting Sunday away quite peacefully. Megat has yet to try anything seriously with Bujang. I hope it stays that way as Bujang is very sensitive and takes everything to heart.

I think he should go as he is a great bully!

The only one who is truly friendly to Megat is Toro. He is interested in everything that has to do with Megat and sits in the kitchen with us when I feed Megat his dinner, when I feed him his vitamins and finally when I wipe him down. I think he wants to be friends. Megat however has tried frighten him twice (but with only 1 raised foreleg) and once tried to hit him with his paw. Needless to say I had to put Megat back in his cage each and every time - patience, persistence and consistency :) The good thing is there are no more tricky Shaolin tricks. I hope it stays this way for some time.

Whatever it is, I think Megat will have to stay much longer in his cage and I see a slow process of integration. I need the kitties to be a little more comfortable with the idea having a new cat in the house with them. Better to be slow and steady than chaos again I think.

2 comments:

  1. aiyah poor Toro....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toro Tunabelly has the most beautiful baby blue eyes.

    ReplyDelete