Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Food for thought

Yes its me in the middle - Shaolin Megat!

The little orange cat belongs to all the kitties. Its the only toy that I put in the carrier when they have to go to the groomers or to the vet. I thought it would comfort them for the journey. Ms Akira found it a great comfort when she had to go for her jabs and Toro too. Bujang just suffers it :) . I have put it in Megat's cage as it has all the kitties' smell and so he would get used ot it also. He likes it quite a lot as he uses it to rest his head when he sleeps like a little pillow. However, he still has a long way to go when it comes to accepting the rest:)

At dinner, Toro had NB Tuna and so did Megat. I think its because he is used to the smell of it as he is always hanging around Megat in the kitchen at dinner time. I had tried to persuade the boys to try it by leaving it near them and they had tried to lick it little by little and so had gotten used to the taste. Bujang would still not eat a lot of NB so I had to mix it with his fussiecat. I think once he gets used to the taste, he would eat NB biscuits. I have seen what NB had done for Megat and so I think it would be wise to try to get the kitties to try the brand. Ms Akira does not like it one bit so I think I will have to get her to try NB biscuits again- a little at a time.

2 comments:

  1. I am using NB Venison for CC as it is single protein and I am trying to rule out allergens. It has a strong smell, not pleasant nor is it unpleasant. Just a very strong smell. It took a week before the rest of them actually want to taste it.

    You know, a lot of people say the NB is good for skin etc esp for strays. But if you think it through, their skin and fur will naturally get better with any brand of better/premium food due to better nutrition since they were scavenging for scraps most of the time before that and if it is human scrap, there is bound to be lots of salt which is not good for their fur. My logic correct?

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) You have a point of course and an excellent one :) I think if any stray gets home care and better food, their fur and skin will get better. Even their temperament gets better. Megat being the case in point :) I noticed though that he was in very poor condition and his skin and fur horrible. It did take him only about 5 days to get his fur growing quite quickly and the condition improved drastically, like overnight so I think there may be a good case for NB.

    Of course Toro's fur is not so different as he has been eating good food already. For the other 3 kitties, I just want them to eat a varied diet as they were so hung up on Nutro and refuse to eat anything else.

    So now they eat nutro and avoderm quite easily. The NB takes a little getting used to.

    ReplyDelete