Sunday, January 28, 2007

Sunday walk

Bujang in his new walking jacket

The first sniff after a long break

Toro relaxing outside

"Hmm..no black cat here...this is the way it should be..."

The kitties were all outside along the corridor this morning before 9 am because it was so cool outside. They have been cooped up for ages because of the rain and the fact that I am at work . Bujang was very eager to be outside and stood quietly while I put him in his new walking jacket. It's still the same colour as I think the red suits him best. I got him an L as he was getting more and more stocky. Actually I got him one in black too just in case he needs another one. This was a good thing as I thought Mera might do better in a walking jacket from which he could not escape as easily as from a harness. I am gald Mera did not mind a hand-me-down :))

Toro of course must always be where Bujang is and he got into his jacket and immediately walked out to bask in the morning breeze. He sat quietly watching the goings on until he heard the neighbours opening their doors. Then he simply scooted into the house while Bujang lay across the corridor, giving little thought to the fact that he is blocking the walkway. But the neighbours are used to him and he to them and so everyone got what they wanted easily and calmly. After that Toro went out again to take a nap outside until it was time to go in.

Akira did not like it so much and did not stay for very long. I did not try to put Megat in a harness although I think he would take to it very well as he is getting used to the rhythms of the house. Its just that he keeps running after everyone and scaring them into hiding. Bujang and Ms Akira give him a wide berth and Toro sometimes just ignores him.


4 comments:

  1. Mera didn't mind the jacket being hand-me-down at all!! He just took to it without fuss. But he still managed to escape from it, twice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh! is it too loose? They always escape if you don't fix the neck first. if I fix the body first, Bujang would just walk out of the jacket :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok. Let me try again. I think Mera's torso is shorter than Bujang, so the jacket bunches up a bit if I loosen it. If I tighten it, he walks around with his tummy close to the ground.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh. The tummy close to the ground bit happens with Toro also. Toro is not yet used to the idea of wearing a jacket so he slinks around in it. :) Bujang was trained when he was about 4 months.:)

    ReplyDelete