Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Tuesday follies

Oh my headache with the kitty...sigh...

Whah! I have not been able to blog regularly. I think this would go on for some time yet. I seem to have to catch up on things that I took for granted. On hindsight of course, I see that this may just be a symptom of a new term, a new cat, a new perspective on the Wild Bunch's feeding schedule and also me trying to catch my breath. :)
Things did not go swimmingly with Shaolin Megat of course. This is only to be expected. He is truly a cat that one must watch carefully as grandma found out yesterday when she had put his cage in the kitchen so that she could feed him separately from the others and bond. As she did not shut the kitchen's sliding doors tiightly, light-fingered Megat had pushed the door open and in a flash, flew out into the living room and under the couch :0( She had a hard-time trying to catch him.
I think grandma pities Megat enormously as she is in the house all day and sees him in his cage either grooming or sitting or sleeping. She thinks I should release him (even after his great escape from the kitchen). I told her that this is not a long-term solution and I would let him out increasingly next week. I told Megat that too but he just slept on :) However, after dinner, Megat actually tried to slap Toro when he came too near me and so I had to put Megat back into his cage immediately and wheeled him back into the living room.
For dinner last night, Toro was with Megat in the kitchen as Toro is the only one who is still on talking terms with him. Toro sniffed the cage and went into the cage to inspect it. Megat was too busy with eating to bother. I had given Toro 1/4 of the Natural Balance canned food (Ocean Tuna) and he ate it quite happily. So I think I can safely get Toro to eat Natural Balance as he sees Megat eating it, but only Tuna. Bujang would eat it if he is still hungry after his Fussiecat. I think the biscuits that he had to share with the other 2 is not enough for him but the canned food would more than make up for it. Ms Akira just ignores Natural Balance. However, all the kitties are now eating Avoderm biscuits. I just want them to eat a variety of biscuits and not just hanker after one brand.
After about one hour, I had tried to get all of them to play together and even Megat joined in (from his cage). After that everyone had a few pieces of bream. I made sure that all the boys crowd around Megat so even Bujang had to make some effort...but not too much. Ms Akira of course had her own private activities :)
I did not feed the Wild Bunch last Monday as I was very tired from all the activities with the amigos and my endless meetings. I was glad to see that they were all still fat and happy yesterday. So maybe it would be quite all right for me to feed them on alternate days unless it is raining. Then it would have to be on all 5 days. The Wild Bunch is also fed in the morning by a ghost feeder and in the afternoon, the old aunty tries to make her rounds to fill the water bowls and feed them.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:53 AM

    Why not try to ratio Avoderm with NB? 20:80 for a start and slowly more of NB against AD.

    My troop’s based food is NB and occasionally Avoderm. They tense to love Avoderm more, which calls for my concern. I know I should learn the nutrition table in-side-out but I’m not good with remembering them and I worry that AD is not as good as NB and not sure about the additive part. Just like Snappy Tom against NB wet, they love it if I relent to feed them; which I do on occasion when they are not eating well. However it’s an occasion treats as I know there is additive in ST.

    There are really many good reasons to switch over to NB. Recently I found a kitten-Omega, his little foots in between was full of scabs and a few parts of his body too. At first when I shower him I thought it was poo/dirt then I realized they stuck to his skin and if I pull out they bleed. After his check up, vet confirmed that it’s infection from poo/ dirt and now with good nutrients, the body fights against it and no medical treatment required. Scabs had seen fallen and new fur growing. Bluee’s coat also gains shades since on NB. Also not forgetting the testimony you had on your Shoaling Master at home :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh dear...sounds tiring....take care yah?

    ReplyDelete