Monday, January 22, 2007

I like computers too

I like the lights...

I like the smell of the keyboard...

I like sleeping on the lap...

Wha...? Wha..? I am so sleepy...

ZZZzzzzzz

I must say Megat is taking to indoor life very well indeed. He behaves himself very well and tries to adjust to the others quickly. I do not know if he has figured out that it is best to try to live with the others or he just does not want to be caged for longer than he has to be, which is at night.

Ms Akira was very surprised to see Megat on my lap at the computers tonight. She stopped in her tracks and watched him carefully but did not try to beat him at all. When she saw that he had no intention of getting off, she left to find alternate roosting sites.

I think he may be a lap cat in his other life. He is also getting fat and eating his renal diet steadily. But he still does not like it as much as he does his Natural Balance. So I have to mix the 2 diets together. Only then will he eat what he is supposed to. He does eat it dry though but I read that it is not wise to feed old cats only dry biscuits as it may lead to urinary tract problems.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:41 PM

    Doesn't Megat have an urge to...u know...go outside? I would think he misses being free instead of being cooped up no?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go outside? i don't think so. When he is out of the cage, which is all morning and afternoon, unless he tries to scratch someone's eye out, he immediately rushes into the bedroom into his green carrier. When the front door is open, he merely looks at the outside from well inside the house. He can actually spend the whole day just sitting inside his carrier. It has a part that is covered like a cave. We don't even close the carrier door. So I think he has had quite enough of outside life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmmm...nap laps are the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa. I am surprised Miss Akira didn't give Megat a KAPOW!

    ReplyDelete