Monday, January 26, 2009

Its too scary

Toro spent the whole afternoon being scared of all the noise from our neighbours CNY guests. The laughter and loud voices were not what the amigos were used to as we live in a quiet floor. The boys spent the day with their ears glued to the door.
Then at about 6, there was a loud crash of cymbals and loud gongs from downstairs. Toro was so scared that he ran all about the house looking for aplace to hide. It was unfortunate that I had locked up tanka in my bedroom as he was eager to help me clear the store room and grandma's room was shut to allow Ms Akira some rest. So he ran all the way to the kitchen and hid behind the dryer. After some time, I had to go rescue him and he scooted out and promptly ran to hide in my bedroom.
By this time, it was time for dinner but none of them (except the intrepid Tanaka and Ms Akira) had the energy to eat. I think they were all rattled from the noise. I had to put Megat in the computer room with his food and he spent the time there in the dark. Bujang ate after some persuasion but Toro refused to eat anything. I was not too anxious as I know he would ask for food when he was hungry (which he did at about 8).
All the boys are now safe in their sleeping quarters and only Ms Akira is out running about the house. I think there might be afew firecrackers tonight but nothing so scary as the cymbals and as they are all in their safe places, I think everyone will be alright :) Posted by Picasa

1 comment: