Monday, September 04, 2006

Screaming Banshee

I actually plucked up the courage to put the flea topical meds on Screaming Banshee aka the black carpark cat last tuesday. I waited for him to finish his first bowl of Friskies salmon and chicken and then I gave him a little more with gravy. When he was busy eating, I snipped the package and managed to put half of it on his back. Hurrah! But a lot more was on the floor. When he felt the meds, he jumped up and ran up the stairs. He then peered through the railings and scolded me endlessly. I can hear his aggrieved tone and if I understood cat, it would have been full of #$%^&@. He stared at me balefully too. I told him he may have fleas and that was why he had to continually pull at his hair. But that did not stop him from wailing....

Another interesting bit about the old feeder. Last Wednesday, I could not feed the cats at night as I had to go to compulsory dinner. I did not manage to tell her about it also as I do not know where she lives apart from the block and did not meet her at her night feedings. But on that wed night, my mom told me that she knocked on my door to tell my mom that she had fed the cats. I was so surprised that she did that but was grateful that I did not have to go to feed the cats at midnight as I came home close to midnight. The question is- how did she know I did not feed the cats that night? She is one mysterious woman!

2 comments:

  1. Aiyah this Banshee.....well, maybe when the fleas die off he would feel grateful.....as for the old lady, maybe she was stalking you hahahaha!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dunno about the stalking bit but she came knocking on my door just now to see if I was feeding the kitties. She told me there was no need as she has fed them tonight. She said she went on her rounds on wed and Screaming Banshee screamed at her loudly. I suspect she goes around the flats everyday like a prison warden or matron in a hospital to see if all the patients are safe :)

    ReplyDelete