Saturday, September 02, 2006

Alien Resurrection II

Toro went to the groomers on Friday morning. The groomer was not there so I thought I would just write some instructions on a piece of paper and leave him safe and sound with the assistant. I wrote - Full Grooming; cut hair close body; very close at the back. With my job done or so I thought, I left him and went to get some coffee. When I came back, the groomer just came in and I watched Toro through the glass window. He looked relaxed and rested so I went to the pet store and bought him a nice toy (in picture). When I came back to the groomer, his fur was all cut and he was being shampooed. Wah...I thought..so fast this time...not bad. Usually it takes them quite some time to get him ready. Of course I didn't get a good look at him at all. It took some time to get him dry and so the assisant told me that I should go and shop around and she would call me when he was ready to go. Finally, I got him and saw poor Toro...
I got such a shock when I saw him :) it was not an unpleasant shock but I was used to seeing him in his ruff. Now he was sans fur on body (as I intended) but also sans ruff (a result of poor instructions). When grandma saw him, she yelled.."Aiyah..what happened?? So ugly!" I told grandma that she shold not say that in poor Toro's face. He just looks like a little fat toy cat :))

I am also surprised to see that he is actually just 1/2 of Bujang's size, now that he has no fur to give him the illusion of size at all. But his attitude is just the same - he's a big ego in a small body :) and he continues to try to bully Bujang at dinner.

One thing for sure though. He is not yet used to his furlessness and I think he feels suddenly light. He has been jumping all over the place. I am glad that he is now not so hot and does not have to groom for a great length of time. More importantly I can see his actual size and he is really not so rotund., although he is not thin. I was afraid that under all that fur, he would be really fat and flabby but he has nice well-formed muscles.

So I am just going to wait for his fur to grow longer and the next time we go to the groomer, it would just be .."just a light all over trim please and leave the ruff alone'. Hahaha

5 comments:

  1. The new cut makes him look a lot younger though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear San, Toro still looks very handosme! Max was also jumping about after he had his shave, feeling happier and lighter.

    Bujang must be thinking, eh why he shrunk ah?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup. he does look very young and since he is just 17 months, he should lah. With his ruff and fur, he looks alot older and more menacing, like Big BOSS. :)) Now he looks like his age. Bujang and Akira scrutinised him quite a lot to see f he was really Toro or some other cat I had brought home :) Then after she was sure, she slapped his head just for good measure and then went to play with the new toy. :) Bujnag tried to get him to play with him but Toro just sat on the new toy and in that way, prevented the ball from going round and round. So Bujang gave up being friendly :)
    Thanks cat_aunty. i am still trying to get used to new look shaven look but I will prob keep it shorter from now on but not so short as to grieve grandma :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahahaha this Miss Akira! Probably thinking har now you are not so big sized anymore eh!!

    I used to hate Max getting a shave. But after seeing how happy and young looking he is, I have come around to the idea. Maybe grandma will too.

    As I said, Toro still looks very furry fluffy and cuddly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Toro looks nice and rounded....yes, cuddly is the word. Very cute neh. :)

    Can you post pics of Toro before and after the latest shave? Just compare for fun.

    ReplyDelete