Sunday, September 03, 2006

The Cat Show

I went to my first cat show today at the Expo Hall 1. There were cats everywhere, pure breeds and hybrids alike :) They were all so pretty and I am glad one of the prizes was for a Happy Cat. The cats all look quite bored as though this was just a sign post in their life as show cats and quite a few were sleeping. I'm sure they were exhausted with all the fuss.

I like the household pets. One of the judges said "This is one of the heavist cats in the show. I'm afraid there is no category for that." Hahaha. But not many people laughed at the joke. :) If there was a category for the Most Grouchy Cat or The One Most Likely to Dismember a Judge, I would enter Bujang.

I sat to watch another judge and learnt many things about purebreed cats, about colour, size, coat, proportion and expression. She was very interesting and she had quite an audience. The Japanese judge went about her business quietly. I guess she spoke no English. But she whispered to the cats and they all calmed down when she spoke to them. A few of them were rather frisky. A malay man won an award for his ragdoll - The Best Groomed Cat. She was indeed very beautiful. I saw him running helter-skelter with his 3 cats and I heard him say to his friend ' Penat!!' (Tiring!) But he ran nevertheless. I went to his cages and saw his 2 Ragdolls and I Exotic. His whole family was there and I spoke to his young son about the ragdoll.

There were many vendors about and a vet was dispensing advice about overweight pets, pets with urinary problems and FIV. I thought I would be able to buy something for the amigos but I think we have everything. :) I also visited the CWS booth and saw the lovely posters done by 5 Cat Style. I bought the cat book, some bookmarks for the kids and a nice white tshirt with the picture of a small cat in black and white. There were many people asking about the cats and I hope they all would find a nice home today.

I came home and the amigos were all over the quilts that I had bought for myself and my sister. I gave them some bream as I remembered the CWS cats and I am glad I have the three with me safe in the house.

4 comments:

  1. I had to work today!!!! So no expo for me....*sulk* I am glad you had a good time! And it is a beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup. i had a very nice time and it was only $3.00 per entry. The place was very big so its quite airy. People were snapping pics of the cats everywhere :)

    the quilt is very nice. I bought it at east point though, one of those moving vendors :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. aiyah, why you never come and look for me?!?!

    i was there with cleo on bench row D.

    beside the cute little classic marble tabby, bryan.

    :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey ksn. Its a pity I didn't see you lah. Wasted man! :(

    I was thinking Toro would look nice with the household cats..haha..except he is such a coward in a crowd. Then we would be Totoro and his godma - lookalike contest..hahaha:)

    ReplyDelete