Monday, December 25, 2023

Our New Header for 2024.

Since I hope to be more present in 2024, we now have a new header to properly introduce my three 2nd generation cats. They are from left: Skywalker, Momochi and Mizu Manju. It took me some time to decide on whether I should even have a new header. I first thought I should just adopt one cat, Skywalker, as it would be easier with only one...or so I thought. Skywalker came from a situation where she was used for illegal breeding and when she came here she was timid and quiet but blossomed under the care of Tanaka and Bujang. When they both passed, her whole routine was disrupted and she spent the days looking for them. So I adopted Momochi but she was much too traumatised and had spent her life in a tiny cage. She was frightened by the shadows on the walls but after a few months she was able to step outside of her room but Sky's big personality intimidated her. I rescued Manju as he was abandoned and the rainy month of December was not a good month for a kitten to be without shelter. But he was the glue that helped Momo to come out of her shell and Sky to have more patience. They now race around together and I hope the 3 cats will be able to live together peacefully and well. I am now trying to convince Manju that he would always get food and would never be hungry again. It is a slow process as he still thinks the food in front of him would be the last he would get. 

However, I still wanted to have my 7 cats (now all passed) in the blog and so I had the memorial cat that belonged to Ms Akira in the header as well. So we are Just10Cats (Megat, Totoro, Poppy, Akira, Rezki, Tanaka and Bujang) plus Skywalker (who was from the Star Wars Rescue), Momochi (Peach Rice Cake)  and Mizu Manju (Water Bun). 

1 comment:

  1. We are glad you have a new header as it is an indication of many new posts! But it is also good to remember all the ones who have come before.

    Purrs,
    The Chans

    ReplyDelete