Monday, May 24, 2010

FatBoy Update

2nd dinner immediately after SubQ, at his doorstep as it were...he looks fat becaue of SubQ fluids...
2nd dinner after Sub Q last Friday. fatBoy eating the last bits from his food bowl.
After dinner last Friday...
After his 3rd helping on Sunday 23 May

He is now much thinner and we can see how bony he is when he is on his haunches. But he is overall not skinny skin and bones but rather just thin. He takes the SubQ in his stride and is very good at dealing with the needles. The training at the vet came into play very well as he would only make a little noise when we first put him in the carrier but would sit down and relax when he feels the needle. After that it was just the matter of soothing him and waiting for the whole 250 ml to be over. Then he gets the rest of his dinner. Sometimes he would take his leave but will always be up for seconds.

Yesterday he got his first dinner and then he decided to take a walk. I fed Putih and Terror Kitty and then went to feed Minah. I was just returning from changing Minah's drinking water that I saw him walking towards me, at my own void deck and so I gave hin 2 more helpings of Fussiecat sardines and chicken. So he had 3 helpings of Sunday dinner! The last pic was of him saying thank you for the food and so long chum!

I am glad he is finding his appetite back again and attribute it to the SubQ injections. However, these few weeks, both Cousin R and I found that he when he eats his dinner, we could hear squeakings. We have never heard these noises before though. I hope these squeaks are just one of those things and nothing serious is happening with his teeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment