Thursday, May 13, 2010

Afternoon Walk

Bujang was very curious as to what was happening at our void deck...
The mystery unveiled...some workers were breaking up the stone tables and concrete floor....
He decided to sit low in the grass...if a cat thinks you cannot see him, then it must be true :)
For the 2nd time in his 6 years, he decided to walk under the mango trees. The first time he did this was when he was about a year old and he found that he could actually dig up the dirt to pee on the ground. That was the only time he did this though.
He quite enjoyed himself.

When I got home from work yesterday I immediately told Bujang that we were going for a walk downstairs. He was unhappy the day before as he wanted to go downs to walk but I had to take FatBoy to the vet. So he got all decked up and we made our way. It was a quiet afternoon and so I thought he would have a quiet and restful walk.

Then loud noises hammered into our brains and I saw that the workers had re-started to break up the stone tables and concrete floor. The plan was to re-model the tables into something circular and not kidney shaped. I guess it would be much easier for people to sit at and much smaller too. We had been having a lot of problems with people leaving half-eaten food and drinks at all hours of the day at the tables. I guess now only 6 people can do so! Cousin R, the auntie and I have been clearing up the mess as we do not want the kitties to eat plastic, junk food or get stuck in aluminum cans.

Anyway Bujang spent some time observing the workers and decided that they were not a threat. He then ignored the noise and we had quite a nice walk as the afternoon was not so hot and the mango trees gave us some shade.

His 45-minute walk made him happy and calm for the rest of the night.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Found your blog while I was googling cat walking jackets. I see you walk your cats regularly. I have been thinking of walking my cats but have not been able to find any cat harnesses here in Singapore. The only link from your website was a post from a few years ago: http://www.joykatz.net/walkingjackets.htm But I don't see you using them in your recent cat walk pictures.

    I have been contemplating between buckled ones such as http://www.hdw-inc.com/walkingjackets.htm or the velcro ones with designs. Which would you recommend based on your experience?

    ReplyDelete