Saturday, March 15, 2008

Wounds inside and outside

Bujang sleeping his bad grooming day away...

Time out...

Leave me alone Toro!

His hurt nail and paw...






Hindsight as they say (whoever they may be) is the real teacher. Bujang went to the groomers this morning as I thought it was time for him to take a bath. His last bath was on Hari Raya. I brought him to F as usual as F is the only one who Bujang does not hate enough to hurt badly. She has been his groomer since he was 6 months old! I told F that there was no need to cut his nails if she could not. She said she would try and if she could not, she would not. So with that, I left him to his groomer only to be told one hour later that there was a little accident and Bujang had hurt himself.
He was his usual temperamental self and he had hooked his claw onto the bars of his cage and so had hurt himself. F said she had stopped the blood and went on with the business of bathing him. She had managed to cut all his nails which was quite unbelieveable as he would almost always be on the defensive and no one has ever managed to do this. Before F would need about 3 other people to help her and I know that B could not manage it even with 2 other men!
When I went to get him F said she would not let him see his hind paw (which was to be expected) but he was very calm in his carrier and only meowed once. He would not even let me see it when we got home, preferring to administer his paw himself. Since he was not limping or did not seem to be in any pain, I left him to it eventhough I saw that his paw had horrible stains. He sat and continued to lick at his paw and after some time, he actually cleaned all the stains away and now it did not look as horrible as before.
I am sure he was in great pain before when he hurt himself and I feel badly when I see it. I think next time, I would just bring him to the vet as usual and have them trim his nails.
Anyway I will see how it goes for all of next week and bring him to the vet if it goes badly *cross fingers*

3 comments:

  1. Poor Bujang...sayang, sayang.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh oh, mishap for Bujang.
    Heal well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OUCH OUCH OUCH!!!!!! Poor Bujang....

    ReplyDelete