Friday, March 14, 2008

SmartKat grass

The cat grass is still going strong and looking rather beautiful...

In actual fact...


The SmartyKat grass is now growing very well indeed. This pot contains a whole box of seeds. I planted half of it the first time (following aunty_p's excellent idea when she planted the ASAP grass) and after 10 days, I just made sure the rest of the seeds were hidden under the soil after which I placed the whole pot in a shady area.
The centre of the pot is the first batch of cat grass. I had cut the grass for the 3 grass-eating kitties close to the soil and in a few days, the grass grew tall again. I think with this second cutting, the seeds would have given all they can and I would have to get a new pot to plant the next batch of grass - in about 5 days as the kitties do not eat a lot of grass, more like an entre or 'alas perut' (line the stomach) as we say.
It's good that I do not have to buy any more wheatgrass for the present as there is only so much that the kitties can eat and we would always have to throw out the rest as they would become dry and yellow in the fridge by the 5th day.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmm now I feel like taking a few bites myself!

    ReplyDelete