Sunday, March 30, 2008

Foot loose ...

Let go of my foot san...The vet said 7 days only...

Top view of his hurt foot...not so bad...

Front view...worse I think...



The vet advised that I put the meds for 7 days. Last Friday was the 7th day and I had not tried to do anything else to his foot since. Today I thought I should check it and from the top, it looked quite ok. However I decided to take some pictures and saw that the wound did not look quite as pink as I thought it should. Maybe I should go back to the vet just to be sure. I haven't made up my mind yet but most probbaly if it does not close up, I will see the vet next week.
On the good side, Bujang is his old self, jumping up on tables and sometimes harassing Toro at night. His appetite is healthy, he eats his share of grass and he walks as well as before. Maybe I am just too anxious.

4 comments:

  1. The wound still looks a bit ouch to me.

    I think you should continue with the powder....

    ReplyDelete
  2. If the wound is already dry, then better not overdo on the antibiotic powder, as it's very very drying. Over drying may cause the skin to itch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:18 AM

    Do check your litter box or any other places actually - it could be a bacterial/fungal infection that is picked up there -esp if there is a cut/scratch on the paw in the first place. Don't worry too much - it would heal well. One of my cats was allergic to a new bag of litter and got this problem when clamping litter sticks to paws. I use crystal now, it helps. You could use a cream antibotics too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:02 PM

    If there is no tenderness and no sign of pain with his jumping, perhaps just let nature takes its course. I think the vet rich enough :)

    For human wound care, antibiotic powder is now frowned upon as it can do more harm by eradicating the "good bacteria" on the skin as well but I think for short term dressing, it should be ok.

    ReplyDelete