Sunday, December 14, 2014

Easy Peasy Sunday


This week it was nice that I got to bring the boys downstairs as some days it was much too hot and other days it rained. It's strange weather for December. Tanaka is getting used to walking downstairs and enjoys it very much. I would have to persuade him that it was ok to get out of the carrier and later on that it was ok to get back in so that we could go home. We met several people who asked me where I had bought him from. No one actually asked me how I had trained him to walk with the harness though. Someone actually talked to me about the difficulties of having older cats and we spoke about the importance of vets and how expensive vets are. 

The girls are doing very well. Akira does not complain too much of being carted about to go to the acupuncturist. She does not make a fuss about getting into the carrier as well. Our appointments have been short and very pleasant so she does not mind them so much. She has had 5 sessions with Dr O already and I think there would be a few more until next year as well. She had asked for more time outside and more importantly there were no new bites on her limbs. There is some new growth of fur as she does not worry her limbs as obsessively as before. It was good to see the new fur but I will have to wait and see if she would allow it to grow or suddenly decides to pull on them again. She takes her meds like the trooper that she is, calmly, as I give her the paste using my fingers rather than force her mouth open with the syringe and she quite enjoys the warmth of the sea salt bath. 
       I think I am doing very well san
Our kitty Poppy or Popps loves the red cube. No one is allowed to sit in it if she wants it. She races into the cube, twirls around batting the ribbon, streaks out into the kitchen and steaks back in again. I dare say she loves it just as much as sitting in front of the door! 
I am glad she is getting the hang of playing but she does better playing by herself. She has a feathered you in the cube as well.  She has the run of the house the whole day until bedtime at 8 pm. But she sometimes chooses to sit by herself in the kitchen and of cos grandma's bedroom where it is quiet. 
     Popps sleeping on the bed in quiet afternoons. 

Bujang is a good brother and leaves the bed when she wants it. 
Grandma's bed used to be his favourite afternoon napping spot before. He is a gentleman and knows what Popps needs to feel safe at home. 

This is 'my bed'. No pretender is going to have it. I plan to nap here all day today. It's going to be Easy Napping on Sunday day for me 


5 comments:

  1. We think Miss Popps has altered the dynamic our your household! Everyone looks quite relaxed.

    Tanaka, Mommy just loves your stubby tail--is it kinked at the tip?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful kitties you have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so glad to se photo of happy kitties! You are all doing very well, Amigos!

    Purrs,
    The Chans

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone is so happy and content and we are very happy to see Poppy settling in so well. And Kira's treatments working well. Meow from Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. We mean "Akira". Silly auto spell check spelling your name wrong. Meow from , Jessica

    ReplyDelete