Saturday, December 13, 2014

Akira 0.1 Acupuncture Protocol (5)


This morning she decided that she wanted to cuddle close during her acupuncture session. She was bright-eyed and alert throughout. 

We spent the whole 30 minutes like this. We had 2 lamps and no electrodes this morning. 
For 2 days in a row, she had eaten all of her meds without fuss. So this morning I told Dr O that I would give her the meds later. Dr O showed me a bunny who loves the TCM and would always wait for more. THAT is a super bunny. 
I decided to give her the mixture directly from my finger, without the syringe.  Now that I know the consistency, it's easier to give it to her more in one pass so it took us at most 4-5 minutes with no waste. Before it would take us 10 minutes with a lot of the mixture ending up on the matteress or on her fur. 
After the meds I would give her bare parts a wipe down with sea salt and warm water, as advised by her osteopath Adrian. 
I am very glad to see no new bites or broken skin and I can see some new growth of fur, very short and fragile. Before, her leg would be as bare as her tummy. But it's early days yet. She is still grooming as enthusiastically as before almost always immediately after her meds or wipe-down, no doubt to calm herself as well. But we notice that she grooms the underside of her fore paws most intensely these days than her other parts. 

2 comments:

  1. We love hearing about your acupuncture sessions, Ms. Akira. You do seem to be enjoying them and cuddling next to San is a great idea!

    Purrs,
    The Chans

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paws crossed this is helping you feel calmer!

    ReplyDelete