Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Morning routine

Ouch grandma...I won't jump I promise...




Grandma has learnt how to hold Tanaka so he won't bite but he would relax. He would sometimes stay like this for a whole 15 minutes, looking about from the safety of our arms although like any kitten, he would much prefer it if he is allowed to romp about wildly. When I was trying to place him, I thought it would be to his advantage if he would allow himself to be held for long periods. So I had tried to train him to sit still and relax when held. I am glad to say I have been quite successful and every morning after breakfast and after supper, we would sit together for at most 10 minutes, quietly. So I have managed to get him used to me holding his paws and trimming his nails as well as cleaning his ears. The next thing is to try to bathe him with actual water and shampoo...some time soon. Yup.

2 comments:

  1. Good boy, Tanaka!

    I think he will become a super manja cat after he's sterilised...the sort that always purr happily when carried (like Sugar the community cat). :)

    ReplyDelete