Sunday, May 06, 2007

Minah

Minah eating kibble at 6 am


Minah is feeling better these days. She has been waiting for her morning kibble from me for a whole week. She is much braver now and would wait at the lift as usual so I guess she is on her way to recovery. The people in the lift with me now recognises that Minah waits for me every morning as more than one person keeps saying "Oh she is waiting for you." I hope they would advise others not to hurt her as she has someone who looks after her. The people in the block all seem to like Minah and she has been the resident cat for many years.

An elderly couple saw me feeding Minah one morning and asked me if it was true she was hurt. I told them that she was hurt by a teenager and she was limping etc. They were very shocked and remarked that young people seem to have no heart for animals and others these days.

I have seen only one old man stamping his feet at her (The Man) and one young girl. The young girl no longer does that as we had talked about not frightening cats except she now tries to befriend Minah much too enthusiastically with her dog Milo in tow. I have told her that Minah might be afraid of Milo and it is best that she does not bring Milo too close to Minah. So now she will tie her dog Milo a distance away while she speaks to Minah. She is the one who told me that Minah used to be called Manja by her people, who have now moved away, leaving her to be cared of by others :(

1 comment:

  1. There is a cat in my parents' neighbourhood that I feed part-time. He is lovely and very manja.

    For years we thought Boosey was the neighbours' cat until they moved away at the end of last year, and didn't bother taking Boo with them.

    Boosey is not looking too good, to be honest. He's lost weight since the neighbours left, and the new neighbours don't like cats but he can't understand what's happened, and keeps trying to enter their compound.

    The best part of this story is that the neighbours' daughter, who lives with them, is a vet.

    So much for compassion towards animals.

    ReplyDelete