Thursday, May 24, 2007

Eh? Pregnant?

Putih taking it in her stride
NO WAY!
Dr P at Animal Clinic tells me Putih just thinks she's pregnant or her mind thinks she is pregnant and therefore sending signals to her body to prepare for kittens. It's one of those rare cases of a false pregnancy. Dr P of Animal Clinic was quite amazed as she said there have been cases where spayed cats show these symptoms complete with swollen nipples and swollen bellies and this was one of those rare times. So she has to take meds that would allow her mind and body to get adjusted to the fact that she will not be able to get pregnant again! Dr P tells me that in reality it takes 6 months for a kitty's body to get used to this reality.
I was quite relieved as I was thinking the worst for the poor kitty. So she is under my supervision to the complete mystification of the amigos who think I should not be bringing any more kitties home. They hissed at her and she hissed back. :)
She is to take some meds for 7 days and I have to bring her back for review in a week. I don't think Putih likes being in the loo or cooped up in the cage in the computer room for 7 days but there is nothing else to be done. I can release her of course but I may not be able to find her in time for her meds.
I also asked the vet why Putih would not get in from the rain. It seems that Putih would actually sit where she is even in the rain. She does not seek shelter. The vet was quite surprised and took her temperature. 28 degrees so it seems she is normal and not having fever at all.
The aunty came up to ask after Putih and wwsa glad of my fine report. She saw Megat hanging out and was happy to see him so well. She tsked him to see if he still remembers her. I was very pleased to see that he came as close as he dared to the aunty and looked at her as if in recognition. He did not come close to the grills as he is still quite afraid of the outside or possibly he didn't care to be too close with it. Bujang of course has no problems with this and stood near the door to see what was happening. Toro looked at the aunty from the safety of the bedroom and Ms Akira was nowhere to be found...as usual.
Will upload pics later of this strange and amazing phenomena :)

2 comments:

  1. san, you are doing a great job. i m so happy for the kitties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!!! Thats so amazing!!! Like Queen Mary!!!!

    Hope Putih gets well soon.

    Erm...we are 100% sure she is NOT pregnant?

    ReplyDelete